Monday, March 10, 2008

Tracking tennis

Sounds as if I am the coach of Roger, who currently is in the hunt for one. Just goes to show the standard he has set for himself and he getting knocked out of Dubai open in the first round is creating one heck of news in the tennis world. The media, the people and the critics are gunning their pens waiting for his downfall in a spiralling fashion.He is the victim of his own success. People expect him to win every point and tournament he steps into. Another victim who falls in this cadre is, Sachin Tendulkar. Now you freaks know why I don't try to work too hard.

Tracking tennis has become a daily habit now apart from cricket. The fact that I am also holding a racket and passing some ripping cross court winners in my mind and clipping the net on court is keeping me glued to this sport for sometime now. I lift my right hand, throw the ball up - the throw goes too high and back when I get ready to put racket on to it - no put the racket down, catch the ball and toss it again. Try one more time but this the time the toss goes forward and have to catch it again. Third time lucky, toss is perfect and angle of the bat is correct but the ball hits the net. Do this two times correctly and your shoulder joint pains. Aww...poor thing. I complain about my shoulder to my coach. Shoulder pain? (You unfit freak and you want to play advanced level quite fast eh , he must have thought but said)May be you are playing after few days break. Thanks atleast you were there to console me. Lesson: In pain maintain self restrain...

Vantage Point was boring initailly but picked up the pace in the later half. So worth a watch. Joke of the day - A Manager to his employee. " Morrison, your fantastic performance through this year will not be forgotten , it's just that you dont get paid for it". This could be the employee's expression.

A more enlarged version of the weird face can be see at the corner.I found this picture on the web. Everytime I see this I break into a giggle. It conveys no expression, no joy, no anguish, no pain, no innocence nothing. It can get as blank as it can get. I had one of the longest and free flowing hair last year. After my hair cut, few people are recognising me, few are forgetting me and few have an expression saying what the heck is his hair style. Its getting weird and curly everyday. When people stare at me I try to give an expression that is similiar to this alien expression.

No comments: