Thursday, March 20, 2008

Holi

Holi means holi-day which is a holiday. So it's a long weekend for us. Three days off and what are the freaking activities that you are going to do? Or am I going to do? Go to practice court and work your ass off. That's only in tennis and I am ready to put my 100% there. Other areas I always try to put 99.99%. If you come back to holi again, it's again a festival, this time I don't know the history and I could avert blogging it's history. Default story for most Hindu festivals in India: A daemon was killed by a God on that day and people celebrate that thing with honor. I've done the Google thing for you and this your holi link. Note: I haven't read what's in that link and don't scratch your brain for an answer as how I got that link without reading it. To make the blog colorful I am also adding a pic.


Holi means a colorful festival

I might get a bashing again if I utter a word of tennis here. Off to the clay court in the evening is what I am going to do this weekend. No more no less. And I shall be back to office on Monday and should be wondering how these three holidays have just flew past, which everyone had been longing for quite a while.

Random observations:
1. If it's a long weekend people are into a holiday mood from the day before the holidays start.
2.Call centre girls, whom we oogle everyday, on an average are taller and fatter than software girls. Conclusion: Girls with technical background are boring to watch than your commerce/arts background girls.
3.We were served an extra sweet in our lunch by the canteen fellows on account of Holi.
4. A huge of pile of travelling bags were stuffed in the room opposite to reception because of this long weekend.
5. I am developing technical roadblocks on either side of my ear since I started working here. As I type so are my typing skills sliding like an avalanche on the Himalayan glaciers.
6. Girls do still look at me but just as Roger's invincibility factor has been diminishing so is my charming factor.
7. People who make more noise at work are the most likely to be termed, efficient at work, which I beg to differ.
8. You don't make any friends in the office. You only make colleagues.
9. (Point nine should shine...dig your brain deep Rock) The last time I strikingly remember celebrating Holi was in our Bachelor days, where we went to a girls house and put colours to her. (Sweet)

After finishing counting sheep in my dreams just now, I just can't wait to get my hands on my new tennis racket which might arrive this month end. I badly want to improve my game. Time permitting I just want to stretch myself to see the way I progress in the game. Oh yes, that customary tradition of putting colours to the seniors in the office and all the employees might just begin as I see the tray of colours being taken. The one freaking colour that is often used to splash on a Holi day is pink. That is random observation number ten. And I am done.

2 comments:

DreamChasser said...

The random observations are great, esp point no. 2! you said you had a great time celebrating Holi in your "bachelor days"......I thought you are still one!

Rock said...

I meant, bachelor as in Bachelors degree, you know, that thumb in mouth
days.