Sunday, March 16, 2008

Sordid weekend

My last couple of posts have been tennis-centric. So I am trying this one not to be. Indianwells tournament has just begun and Roger is to open his account starting today. Novak did not have a easy run in his first match. We don't want to talk about Rafa and his bouncing (tennis) ball - high over the net - which is ungainly to watch. This slow pace court at Indianwells might suit his style than anyone and he has come here this year to defend the title. Roger was knocked in the second round by Guillermo Canas last year and he is feeling fit after being treated for mononucleosis, which he claims, could have hampered his AO 2008 journey at SF itself. I am eligible to use abbreviations and it's upto you to figure them out. My stint with tennis for three days for an hour each day has shown little improvement in my game. Serve is not coming but shoulder pain is. I've served out a basket of 70 odd balls and 35 of them may have crossed the net. Out of 35, how many have fallen on the correct side of the line, did not count. It got extended till this long when I tried this post not to be tennis centric. Dog's tail can never be straightened. Why ?

We got shifted to a new house. This was one of the mini resolution that was planned early this year. So it kind of worked. It's big, it's huge for four freaking bachelors. Rent is hefty too. But this is the time to splurge around. Once you are tied up you can only goof up. I don't have a camera mobile. Or else I would have proudly posted the pictures of our palace with the kitchen. I am not really a miser to buy a cam mobile but now I don't have interest. That will settle some ugly doubts nurtured in some stupid minds. Out of the blue - tomorrow, manic Monday, hasn't started and I am already thinking of the long weekend this coming week - out, out of the blue.

While I was in a rickshaw returning from practice, there was this young kid who was driving it and he took me for the ride back home. It was interesting conversation to know the mind of a rickshaw puller. This bloke borrowed 1000 Rs from his dad and he is repaying it by running a rickshaw. I asked his age and he said he was 15. He earns 100 Rs a day at 15. To drive in this traffic, he also needs muscle and confidence to drag his three wheeler all through the city, which I felt he had. Tough one. I din't feel good coz I was exploiting child labour but I wouldn't have know these facts had I not taken his ride. I asked what would be his next plan. He said, once I repay the money, my dad and I will open a kiosk in some part of the city. And I asked him, will you be happy with that? He said, "whatever we earn that is enough to make us happy. I don't have to worry about the traffic and accidents". Slap on the face for all those who are running madly behind millions of dollars and wanting that extra material thing which you are NOT going to take after your brief period of action on this planet. Save the planet, save the people and make those complicated minds look simple.

No comments: