Friday, February 27, 2009

Jai Ho

Folks, thanks to all those who expressed their condolences over my Grandmother's loss and showed some concern over me. My thanks also extends to those lurkers who wanted to tell but kept quiet, which is why they are called lurkers for a reason.

I am alive and kicking now. I've not been publishing anything in B/R so you don't get troubled or bored by the sports shit that I write there. There is not much of tennis activity going on either in any case. So you are left unruffled.

But I do not understand the whole fuss that has been generated over the Oscars where A.R Rahman won a couple of them and Slumdog Millionnaire winning 8 in total. Those freaks who are thinking that it is a proud day for Indians because SDM won 8 should be drowning themselves down the kitchen sink. These are the possible reasons why it won and why you should not be proud.


1. It was directed by an English director.
2. The technical team was totally foreign. So the film comes under English film category than a foreign film one, where many movies would be competing for the best prize.
3. You should not be proud because it showed India in such a bad light and the fact that they showed India in such shape was really appreciated by Westerners coz it appeared real to them.
4. What those MF's don't understand is, anything that is shown in movies is partly true but it is little more than real, in the sense, it is not really real. They still like to see India as a land of snake charmers, slums, elephants, multiple Gods and superstitious people.
5. You nut heads won't understand that there will also be lobbying in Oscars. Hence I do not go gung-ho over those awards. There is no denying that there are prestigious but NOT everything.
6. Haven't you felt that A.R Rahman's score in this film was mediocre as compared to his blockbuster national and regional language hits ? This means that 'The Golden Globe Award' that he won days before the Oscar celebration has played it's part in bringing him the laurels.
7. Children were shown in filth and dirt which I did not enjoy one bit.

But our politicians were quick to take the credit and congratulated the awardees which is good for them. The demure A.R Rahman may not deserve this award but he really deserves an Oscar for the music he has composed and the trend set he has sent in Indian music industry over the years. This shows that you keep working diligently on what you know and one day results will come your way.


A.R Rahman

I'm also surprised at the sudden rush of visitors to my blog after that Roger Federer article. I don't know from where all there are heading in but would be glad if they have their presence felt in here. It's free mate to leave a comment. No, I won't trade your mail id's for anything to someone else, if that is the assurance that you are looking for.

The title is the name of a hit song in the movie SDM. In the morning I suddenly found a girl staring at me in the office, as if, she was waiting for me to smile. But me being a nut head put my head down and walked to my cubicle. What message did the genius A.R Rahman leave in his career? Do your best and leave the rest. Be it doing anything with girls, music, programming, screwing, playing or enlightening you dumb freaks. Jai Ho.

2 comments:

Leo6 said...

Good to see you back blogging.I totally agree with the points you have made.I'm proud only for the Indians who have won the Oscars in spite of knowing that this is not Rehman's best work.

I didnt like the last part where you put your head down instead of giving a smile or a wink.figure bad ayithey voke.next time Jai Ho!

Rock said...

Yeah, we all agree that Rahman deserves an Oscar one day and he got it irrespective of how we feel about the work for which he received the award.

Eyes ok, face ok, figure ok but I saw her all of a sudden and my brain dint really work that fraction of the second. Probably next time, yeah, Jai ho :-p