Monday, February 09, 2009

Poll is for nuts

So you have a website / blog and you want to take a poll on what your readers think of your opinion ? You found a script on the web and you paste in your blog, voila, you see the poll on your blog. That surely makes you happy.

I am here putting a poll to seek an opinion from you stupid freaks on this stupid blog for the first time. Ok, you don't become stupid if you answer this poll just because I called you one. You will become one if you do not answer this. Gotcha ?



I do see poll as a marketing strategy. And if you don't know, each poll response may give a revenue to the blog owner or the script owner even though it is peanuts. But little peanuts put together make a Snickers right ? You also know I did not put any ad in this blog for the sake of revenue. I am trying to keep it as clean as possible not from thoughts but from ads. I have to tell everything to you and you still have doubts on me.

Some people think the statistics that are obtained from the poll are god damn right. They are to an extent but basing on that alone and you tweaking your initial thought, makes you the biggest jerk ever seen on the planet.

But polls keep the reader interesting provided the question and answers are eye-catching. So with this as the only advantage I try to beg for your poll every now and then I hope you contribute often. You and I, forever, in the beautiful world ?

No comments: