Tuesday, February 03, 2009

Yes B I

So what is getting under my skin for two days now. S-B-I. I went to bank yesterday which is right in front of our office to deposit some money and the Cashier says, did you not see the board which says only Rs.25,000 can be deposited in one go. So I scribbled a new form and deposited that much. I went again today a little early to avoid the queue which took 40 mins for my turn yesterday. The door is closed and the security guard says it is lunch time. Lunch at 2:45 pm ? Guard says they will be back around 3:10 pm. So I am back to office and blogging now in the mean time.


My Dad worked as AGM in SBI but he never violated the rules. He was one heck of a loyal employee with 35+ years of immaculate service to India's largest bank. These new chaps think they are everything with their ridiculously slow paced service. Everybody curses the bank but most of them would love to have an account with the same bank. And there is only one counter where they accept cheques, make DD's, deposit Cash, receive the payment for Application forms and what not. It is very easy for people to get frustrated with SBI's service. They love passing comments like slow network, govt service, dumb people, old employees etc. The logo too is as boring as the service.

There is one more thing that is irking me. Roger Federer lost in the AO finals to Rafa and he cried na ? People are still crying for his loss and are uncontrollable where as The Might Fed himself must have been relaxing in the Swiss Alps now. Govt. of India predicted that if ladies of such sort are shedding tears at such a rate, the low lying lands can be flooded soon in a week and the government is thinking of raising an alarm to the public to keep tax their related documents protected. More on Roger's loss in my forthcoming release.


For the time being I have to run again to that bank and check if my work is done before the bank closes by today at 4 pm. Yesterday in filling the form twice I forgot my pen there. I am hoping that I don't forget anything today. And I saw outside and inside the bank that there is no board that says only 25K can be deposited in one go. People in that bank like to think, "Yes bhai, this is SBI". Mate, I am coming to make your seat hot.

No comments: