Thursday, January 31, 2008

Thursday turgidity

It's the first half of the thursday and things are going pretty slow. I am feeling lethargic and I don't want to move my feet. Everything has been still, my hands, my legs my body. I just feel a niggle in my shoulder and knee muscles. Reason for that is I don't do stretching nor work out nor yoga nor gym. You sleep a little more than usual in winter and last night I slept little lesser than usual. For 7 hours only. I think that could be the reason for this hyper inactivity. So to get rid of it I thought I should go to the restroom and unload. I've done that. While on my way back to my seat I spoke to one of my friends as well for 5 minutes thinking that would change the things when I get back to my chair. It did infact. I am moving my hands now so I am able to type.

I did not even take off my black jerkin and black shawl after coming to the office. I am snuggling under the warmth of these two apparels. I took off my black cap and now I am putting it back so passers by cannot see my drowsy eyes. Warmth under my cap as well now. Cricinfo doesn't have new articles today. Feel like closing my eyes, with hands on the key board with heading drooping a little, reclining in the chair and staring into the monitor so no one could doubt that I am sleeping. If someone disturbs me now, the look would probably be like - movie Dons sitting in their King's chair, would glare their accomplices when they say, "Sir today we could snatch two duplicate gold chains, three antique mobile phones and few wallets which contain only photos of their kids, girl friends and visting cards of junk people tightly stuffed in them".

I saw John Rambo last night. I was duped by the reviews, umpteenth time, which said nothing short of tremendous. I am not saying the movie was horrendous. It lacked those actions scenes. The movie was over quite fast as if you were watching a short film. It doesn't have a new story line. It was just a 75 minute movie. I paid 150 Rupees for the show. So it costed me 2 Rs a minute if I work on the math now. The movie is definitely not worth that. But for those who want to see Sly, this is one more opportunity before he hangs up his boots. John Rambo hasn't performed enough action, the shooting - duh-duh-duh -, the rocket launchers, the jumping, the running, in this movie is not much, which will disappoint the fans. We know that he acted to his age. But we are used to seeing movies where the Hero - who is supposedly immortal as long as he is on the silver screen - can kill even every cat and pigeon in the village when he is enraged, who can break a bullet while its travelling at light speed by throwing his knife, where by the bullet breaks into two pieces and kills two persons standing on either side of the river, who with a slight tap on his right thigh makes the trains stop and clouds thunder. No joke. So we want that sort of action man...I guess fans abroad are not as passionate as we are. Come on man, this is no good. Take assistance from our desi stunt directors, dear Sly. There is one line just before the interval which I liked. Pointing his arrow, arrow point on the forehand of the captain of a troop, who refused to co-operate Rambo for exterminating the anti social activists, he delivers a killer punchline which says, Live for nothing or die for something.

No comments: