Friday, January 11, 2008

Frequent flyer

There was an astrologer who said, that I would be flying Del - Hyd, back and forth like a pigeon. Sounds ridiculous that I believe an astrologer. No I don't. Ok. Let me put
'we' into the scenario so that I don't have to be the only scapegoat who believes in astrology. We are ashamed to accept the fact that we believe in astrology. We like to say sometimes yes, and sometimes no. Smarter people believe only the good things that's said by astrologers. But in the past 4 months I've flown home 3 times. May be he was right.

And today, I was listening to TZP songs. Monday is our festival, Pongal. Song has nice music, especially the guitar. I thought, why don't I just check the airfare, anyhow I am not going to fly. If I like a song, I think I listen to it like 10 times the first time without following the lyrics. Makemytrip is using most of my plastic money. I was entering debit card number in place of my credit card and was beginning to get rattled. So I checked the airfare and to my surprise, it was couple of hundreds cheaper as compared to my last week's trip. The circled dots at the top corner of Mozilla are rotating, not fast enough and I get a message that the bank has declined my transaction. WTF. I decided to go home at the spur of the moment. Monday is a holiday. If I take a leave on Tuesday, I have three days. Airfares were affordable, but not the taxes. I don't care at this point of my life. I have my credit card in my wallet fortunately. So why the hesitation? I am just a click away from being home which is 1500 kms. I am leaving to Hyd tomorrow early morning . Alternate sentences would make better sense in this paragraph. I wrote as if I was directing a movie. Show a present scene and a future scene. Whack. I am gone.

So here I am now with my tickets done and sitting prettily to give a surprise visit to my mom. It's good once a while to throw these surprises. Pleasant ones I mean. Not something like, your house owner sends you a notice to vacate your house in one week's time, after you just returned from a splendid vacation. That's not on.

I don't claim that I am a frequent flyer. But still, this frequency of flying is frequent for me. Also, I am missing no chance left unused to go home. That's one advantage having good connectivity to your city. Whatever be the mode of transportation. I am making most here. I may not be visiting as frequently as I am doing now, probably few years down the lane. Importantly you do most of the things to bring a glee on other's face. If they remember or not, we are not bothered about that.

Ladies and gentlemen, fasten your seat belts. Put your seat upright. Please turn off all your electronic equipment. Incase the cabin pressure drops, oxygen masks drop automatically. Pull them closer and cover your nose with them. Incase the flight lands in water, life vests are located under your seat. Blow air into them and wear it. Tighten it. Then help your neighbour. I am coming baby. Please help me.

No comments: