Tuesday, January 08, 2008

Happy New Year

Yeah, a delayed and subdued new year wishes to all my readers, fans, foes and friends. I was never a party freak especially on 31st night. The same happened this year as well. And whatz worse, I was on my way travelling from one city to another. My friends ask me, the inevitable question - What did you do on new year ? I was travelling. Travelling? Oh, so your 31st night was wasted ha? As if they had a blast of an eve with Monica Belluci or Carmen Electra. Half the people get excited to do something on 31st night and fall down even before dusk sets in. Remaining 25 % will go a little further and enquires about the night club tariff's only to say, whatsa big deal in that special guest to throw such a hefty price ? And they drop. Remaining 20% do plan something and return rather unsatisfactorily to their homes, citing - oh too much crowd ya. It was chaotic. I din't expect that there would be so many people you know? What did you think? You and your darling would be given a five star treatment with acres of space in front of you to play golf? The last 5% are the ones who really have a blast of a time and make their 31st night to be memorable ushering into the new year. Cheapest, simplest and the widely observed phenomenon - go to your friend's place, have a get together, scream your lungs out, disturb your neighbours, call your ex-flings to patch up relationships and back on the bed at say, around 2 am.

To me specifically, this year is more important than one reason. 1. I made two new year resolutions. 2. I don't want to break my first statement. One resolution of mine was to have a hair cut. And yes, I did it. My heart dint ache as I thought. I'm back to my school boy, student looks now. A relief for many. My mom was very relieved to see my long locks off. Boy she had one of those beaming smiles, for my hair cut, which I've seen after quite some time. Colleagues in my office also appreciated the change. They were more inquisitive as to why I got rid off them. Few people said, I am looking smart. Wink. Beyond everyone else, I am liking it and probably looking couple of years younger for sure. One resolution is achieved. Well begun is half done. Don't take a guess at my second resolution. Washing my faded jeans? No, not that. I for one, don't believe in new year resolutions. This is the first time I am adopting, the simplest ones.

It's only today I gathered some energy and in a position to type without feeling any strain. This damn first week of 2008 was a bad start to my health. Was on bed four days flat with flu. Low food intake. So the week long holiday that I took, was spent on my bed in my home rather than going anywhere out. Today I'm able to see what is what. I am recovering. Daddy says, take pills regularly. I say, too many pills is never a thrill. I don't like taking pills. I am recovering little faster because of pills. Okay. I don't like taking bitter pills.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy New Year.Try post your Pic for feedback.

Your 2nd resolution must be related to your marriage.wink.

Always listen to Daddy.
Tc.