Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Back to work

I am back to work after Pongal vacation. It's also called Sankranthi or Makara Sankranthi. Good thing about this harvest festival is, we get to eat feast on couple of my favourite dishes. The telugu menu in our house is called" bobbatlu and pulihora" . That' s what I've got used to eating on this eve, the traditional stuff you can call it on our side, since childhood. This is the first festival of the year and it's a nice festival for people to get together. Ofcourse we do that whenever possible. But more so, younger lot will find this occasion the next sought after, after Diwali. Seeing a movie is a must for many families on this day and when all your relatives are living in one city, and if you all can get together for the evening then there is no better way to relax than to rush to a movie for a late night show, whatever be the casting at whatever ticket price.

So my prayers were answered by the air hostess in the flight. I was given a feedback form about their flight, during my onward journey. Make no mistake, only me. Or atleast I haven't seen her giving a feedback form to anyone else. Big deal eh? Not really. I am just trying to say air hostesses are also human just as everyone. I noticed that people got used to flying so frequently in India that, they do think twice to approach air hostess for any assistance. Few airline carrier air hostesses do walk in air even while flying at 30,000 feet. So at any given point of time they are always couple of feet over the public. During my return journey our flight was delayed due to a computer display glitch. I was seated in the second row and I saw both the captains coming out of the cock pit allowing the maintenance staff to get the problem fixed. The Captain, the senior fellow, wasted no time in wooing the cabin crew. It was pretty obvious that he was trying for the head of the cabin crew. I was taken aback at his leniency while talking to her.He was a foreigner and I overheard him saying, I've been flying for 27 years. And this poor girl has no other go but to talk to him and if interested, commit to him. Women wont be left alone even at such heights. They can take men to such unreached heights and quickly ground them with minimum fuss.

I also happened to visit one of my friends wedding, at Vizianagaram, which was also my birth place. I took few pictures there. This is the clock tower of that town. The Big Ben of Vizianagaram. The hospital and the house where this insanely poised beautifully wise blogger was born were still intact. My favourite Ram - Lakshman temple in that town, which is few metres away from where we lived is still present. We used to come to this town and celebrate festivals whenever we can, with our grandparents. The experience was nostalgic as usual.

The holiday hangover is finally over which began at the start of this year. Now I've got something to work and this month end is the first deadline. It's also time for me to learn something and get moving. Australian open has begun in Melbourne. India has begin it's third test match at Perth, to stop the Aussie juggernaut from attaining their 17th consecutive test match victory, with a jittery start. And I am here raising my head over the monitor, staring at one corner of my cubicle corner to give a quick deep thought of what could possibly happen this year from January to December, which I am looking forward to with some interest. Bill Lawry says, It's all happening.

No comments: