Monday, September 03, 2007

Weekend stuff

Not always there should be a topic in the blog. Blog can act as a journal or a diary to your, if not daily, then to your weekly activities. While writing this stuff and when one is not actually comfortable with typing or with the language, can be a pain in the......( you know it) anyways, ass. I don't mean I am extraordinary in the above said skills, make no mistake, not even anywhere close to that. It sort of gives a feel good factor after a month or so, about you or the stuff, which you initially thought is a crap, that you posted.

And what was my weekend like ? It wasn't as boring as initially intended. No movies for a change. Could eke out time by sleeping all day long on Saturday and watching the match till late in the night,between Roger 'The majestic' Federer and the 6 foot 9 inch, lanky, hard serving, hailing from University of Georgia, John Isner. Just as his impressive profile so was his play against the Legend in the third round, that he actually managed to snatch the first set from Roger in 40 odd minutes in the tie-breaker. Any chance of causing an upset were quickly annihilated and Federer is not called great just for nothing, as he raised his game by a notch and simply taming the young American in the remaining three sets. Lesson for the upcoming player who just burst onto the ATP scene this year. As a note on cricket as usual, India winning the match against England and trailing the 7 match series 3-2, not because of their worst fielding on display but because of a series of good knocks by their top five batsmen. People around me in the office, most of the time talk about sports as though I am the legal sports expert or as if I am their sports appointed secretary. Anything other than sports with me, is a hush - hush affair. It's they who has to figure that out, not me. Invariably, this sports section always creeps into my blog, involuntarily at times as well. And what sports can I confidently talk about ? Cricket and tennis. No, not even your Real Madrid, Manchester United, Arsenal - soccer. The soccer stuff I knew, I already blurted it out, the team names.

Remembering an instance on Friday morning when I was quickly walking to my office which is situated a few hundred metres from my house, Yeah, I am the lucky few chaps currently in this world, who is avoiding a traffic jam on their way to their office - A dandy neatly shaven, young Sadhu, who dressed in Orange robe, was asking me for money. Why? Because he needs it. Crazy you. I ignored him and increased the pace in my walk to avert any chance of him chasing me down. Had it been a foreigner, he would have been chased till he donated his debit card. By foreigners, we only mean white Caucasians, preferably Americans and Europeans. Chinese, Africans, Middle east & South East Asian inhabitants are excluded from the foreigners list and can breathe a sigh of relief. We want free money and easy money by begging, be it a world bank or a pedestrian. The sadhu said, I would be successful in my work that day. Little did he know that I hardly believe in superstitions.

No comments: