Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Day dreaming

Man, I am slogging in for blogging out, trying to muster every detail for blogging, the widgets you can add on, the HTML links that can be put in your writing allowing your blog to be presented in a better way...everything all alone and online. Yeah , alone needs a special mention because we were used to spoon feeding from childhood and you say its all pig shit when you don't have proper content in your blog ? True. But when you have the intention to make the act better, you dig deeper. I have the intention. Jesus Christ, why can't we, for a second think normally? So I added Google search button in my blog page and my colleague said, who would come and do a Google search in your blog and instead recommended, its better if you have an option which searches only this blog, and I added it. Voila. God bless him.

Weekend, I was watching a show in Discovery channel about the magnificent engineering constructions in the world. Though the telecast we receive is pretty much customised to Indian standards and viewership, they do show some good international knowledge - enriching programmes, amidst the regular chaotic Bombay traffic or a story about the livelihood of a long white bearded abandoned Sadhu living in the interiors of one of the most ancient cities of India, Varanasi. But this time I happened to watch a magnificent construction that is going in a small city in Spain, where they are planning to build a shopping mall, food court, entertainment stuff, what not, everything at one location on the top of a small hill. Nothing new, but the sheer design and the gigantic glass pieces that are embedded on the outside of the building is breathtaking. Motive behind this construction was to promote the city and develop tourism, fair enough. As I was watching the show, invariably I was wondering, why don't we have marvellous constructions going in our country, apart from the 400 year old Taj. The answer: The next day I happened to see in the news, a fly over under construction in one of the prime commercial areas in Hyderabad, came down crashing killing 20 people and injuring double the number. I dare not to think about construction work again, let alone the magnificent ones.

If, the, why don't we undertake marvellous constructions was one part of my daily dreaming, here comes the classic case of day dreaming. And you thought I was blabbering without any reference to the title all the way? So its not only me who is stupid. I went to bed early last night, for me early is 10 pm. So I was dreaming and dreaming and dreaming all through the night, and I hear a small explosion, loud enough that has woken me up and put me into reality. No, I am not living in Iraq or Anantnag - Baramulla regions of Kashmir to get used to it. So I look around the room and through the broken window pane I peep outside while still lying on the bed feeling everything is fine. A small gleam of street light entering my room from the half open back door, has allowed me to take a look at the ceiling, as I see the fan's rotations dropping. I realised it was a transformer blast due to sudden surge in the power or a trip off which controls the excess voltage to apartments. The result - a power cut. We had power back up and as the fan started picking up speed, though I could still count the number of blades in the fan, it was fast enough to put me back to sleep and my mobile showed 1am as I continued dreaming. I generally don't remember my dreams. Now this is normal, as with everyone else. Otherwise there would have been another blog titled, 'My dreams'.

No its not over yet as I am really referring to the subject matter now. My mobile was shouting, 'It's time to get up, the time is eight thirty. It's time to get up, the time is eight thirty '. d-A-m-N , even it has an accent. I feel I have an automatic clock inside my body and that was saying it was still 4 am as I was trying to ignore the repeated alarm shouts. I would normally get up on the third or fourth shout, not because I don't like sleeping that extra bit but I hate hearing that voice and to stop it, I wake up. So after like 10 shouts and feeling what the heck on earth was going, I was brought back into reality again and I realised it was my dear lady voice who cares for me everyday, day in and day out that sends me to the office, tirelessly. I get up and check the time and my lady voice is always correct! It was 8:30 am and had to run to my office. Fortunately this time, there was no one to splash water on my face while putting an end to my day dreaming.

6 comments:

DreamChasser said...

Yeah, dude, you are right! Your blog seems to be like a late night show on a news channel, where people pick out the hot news of the day & give an hour long analysis! Nonetheless, I must agree that your blogs are pretty much interesting and yeah, very candid indeed.

Anonymous said...

The first half of your "Day dreaming" reminded me of Howard Roark, a character from Ayn Rand's 'Fountainhead' who keeps dreaming of marvellous architectures. Somewhere I draw a parallelism between you n the character. You ask me why? well,its got nothing to do with the architecture, your writings reflect a tint of Howard Roark in it !!!!

Rock said...

Boy, whoever this 'anonymous' is, I am absolutely flattered to say the least. I did a quick Google search about the character Howard Roark,and this is the link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fountainhead

Thanks for the eyeopener and the parallelism!

While I am fine while concealing your identity, Anonymous posters, please use a pen name as your signature, so I have a chance to address you anytime. And there can always be more than one anonymous poster lurking round the corner.

/Rock

Anonymous said...

hhmmmm...pen name .... a tough situation which was made easy by my parents when they named me.... now i ve to name myself :-) ....well i hereby declare to call myself 'Rovaan' .

-Rovaan

Rock said...

Intriguing name Rovaan. So Google comes to the rescue again and here I get the first hand info about the name.
http://www.kabalarians.com/Male/rovaan.htm
I'm back to earth today after your comment yesterday.
Rand - Roark - Rock - Rovaan ,
anymore R takers ? Rrrrr...rocks.

/Rock

Anonymous said...

mind blowing description about my own pen name which i never knew !
But i must confess, this name to me means 'a divine amalgamation of two souls'.
thanks for the info.

ps: a small error in assumption -
http://www.kabalarians.com/Male/rovaan.htm

Rovaan