Tuesday, September 01, 2009

Sep-tum-ber - The useless month

Of all the months in the universe, the ninth month of an year is the useless in my opinion. A waiting Ninth month we know is very exciting for men and women to see the result of their overnight efforts.

I do not know who has created the names of months or where they came from. But the name September is the longest and boring of all the month names. Time to rant on September rather than on Federer for a change. Oh wait, how about including a month called Federer. September, October, November, December, Federer..... Naa... it did not suit.


Often the boring of months, a september, goes unnoticed in everyones lives unless your miserable birthday day falls in this month. My opinion sometimes is written in stone and meshed with grid iron. Imagine if you have your marriage day falling in this month and that is some torture.

1. You forget to remember the day and get spanked by your wife.
2. You don't have mood to celebrate it because it is in September.
3. At this time of the year, where do we go honey?

Months October to December run very fast like a cheetah chased by deer because of festivals starting from Dussera, Diwali, Ramzan, Christmas and culminating with the New Year's eve. So these are the most exciting ones in everyones life. Most of the times, I decide which is exciting for you.

August is my preferred month because some stupid calendar assigned a name Leo to that month. More than that, this August was an expensive month for me where I went on to buy a watch, mobile, a laptop, a jeans, a shoe and an underwear. Finally I could avoid the sneers and jeers of people who looked at my Nokia 1112 super phone by going for a Samsung star 3G mobile.

Watch - Tommy Hilfiger
Mobile - I already said it
Laptop - Dell Inspiron 1545
Jeans - Levis 511
Shoe - Nike
Underwear - Local made Jockey


Looking at the list myself, I am finding that I am so rich a guy. But what you do not know is I will be using all those mentioned things till they are faded, broken, stolen or torn ( the last item).


I do not want to grill you by explaining the details of couple of goods that I've bought. But because I know you've got nothing to do than read whatever I dish here, I am going to provide couple of lines of review on my Mobile and Laptop. Watch you have already seen it and even if I explain you the difference between a quartz or a hand keyed watch you would understand in such a way that you are going to visit the wikipedia page on watch.


Samsung Star 3G mobile ( S5603) is the latest entrant into the market. Samsung Star was a hit and Star 3G comes with a dual camera is launched to bank on the gains. It contains a 3.2 MP camera and has a flash which was absent in Samsung Star. Star 3G has a meagre inbuilt memory of 70 MB which the phone comes loaded with and it is expandable uptp 16 GB. It is a touch phone. Even though the touch is not as smooth as iPhone, it is still fine. The display is touch smaller compared to Star.

Drawbacks: Not really other than the music clarity when played from the media player. Sound quality is good with the headphones. Samsung though is not known for their audio effects in their products.

Overall a good touch phone for a price of Rs 11,500/-.


Dell Inspiron 1545 is light weight and stylish looking. I would have loved to have the touch pad to be more sensitive. Sound clarity is fine. A 4 GB RAM, 250 Gb hard disk, Intel Core 2 Duo Processor with a Windows Vista Premium edition has punched a hole in my pocket which would let Rs 39,600/- to go through.

Drawbacks: I am touch worried about the battery life of this laptop. Battery charge is being consumed as fast as you suck juice from a draw.

For you new born babies, the advantage for taking a Premium edition instead of the basic edition is, Dell would be providing a free Windows 7 OS once launched into the market.


My adventures with new products have ceased for this year and it can probably open next year. As I type, I hear someone singing a song in the canteen for someones birthday party. Glad he finished the song in few seconds and received his fair share of claps. Atleast the useless month has turned useful to him in exhibiting his talent. Hoping the same here also.

When was the last time you showed off like I did here? Probably when you got a Camlin compass box in your school days.

4 comments:

DreamChasser said...

Aloha, mate! I was confused, if your intention was to lambaste September, or edify the gizmos you purchased of late. Going on your funny idea of having a month in the name of Federer, it really makes a lot of sense. The month August is named after Augustus. And now that Fed is declared as the greatest sports person ever, why not have a month named after him? I am sure you - being a die hard Nadal fanatic - wouldn't appreciate that! :-)

Your gadgets' list is tempting! I can never dream of owning a Tommy watch. I always feel that one need to have the elegance and style to carry such hi-fi stuff; and you are one who has that!

Rock said...

It was originally intended to vilify September but it came as if I was boasting. But I think I was presenting the stuff that I bought which I thought would be nice to show you folks.

Month after Federer? There are many great sports persons in this world and if they start naming, forget months even days will also be not sufficient. I well and truly agree that Federer is the GOAT.

First,I am not a Federer fan. Only them I am fan of Nadal, Djokovic and the rest of the lot.

You've already got couple of stuff which I started owning now. You folks like to keep under wraps and I sometimes go bonkers like this.

Tommy's watch, it is very much affordable. You are a classy bloke in your own right mate.

Anonymous said...

I see (read) you have style and elegance. Nice! I cannot boast that.

Anyway, you are right that Sep is the most boring month. You tried to justify it, but I still don't know why is it so. And naming the month after Federer is probably not a bad idea. I'm sure you will commit suicide, and I will not be far ahead too.

You published the price of your laptop, and cell phone, but refrained from doing so for the Tommy watch and Jockey underwear. I wonder why.

Rock said...

Rajat,

I felt electronic goods are more universal which most would like to know the price of it. But jeans, shoes, watch, underwear are more like personal stuff so I kept it under wraps. Ok Rs 5995 and Rs 135/- only for the two :)

Thanks for peeking in and nice to know that you feel Sep as boring too. I could not really justify it properly, true, but I do not want to sound like a preacher in my blog.

I probably then would love September more, than a month called Federer.

Thanks for the compliment and part of it should go to tennisplanet.wordpress.com