Wednesday, September 09, 2009

Nine is fine - 09/09/09

This type of date 9/9/9 comes once in every thousand years. The next time this date would appear is on 9/9/3009. Because you and I anyhow will not live up to that date, I atleast am providing you to see the date visibly here. By that time I think the world will come to an end. 1000 years hence, price of one kilo onions of could become Rs 1 lac and people will be drinking oil because oil gets dearer than water.

It is actually the number nine that is forcing me to put up a post and provide some refreshment to you freaks. The sum of all digits of the year that I was born add up to 9. Test for your brains now to calculate the year if you haven't known already that I was born in 1989. So first thing when I receive a roll number or a telephone number is to quickly sum up the digits and see where it adds up to.


It gives one a slight confidence and a feeling that everything would be fine, if an important occasion or event falls on their lucky number. My engineering roll number was 36 and I screwed up the percentage.

For most of the freaks who believe in numerology number 9 is considered to the luckiest. Next is 7. Next is what ever miserable number that comes when you sum all the digits of your birth year. If the superstition takes control of your mind, then you even start summing up the serial numbers that you find on your mouse, monitor and the key board.

Sachin Tendulkar used to wear a jersey 99. Dhoni sports number 7. HW: Find other celebrities or sport stars who wears fancy jersey numbers.

Mind is like a monkey and that monkey is trying to rap on nine, even when it knows it sends shivers down the spine.

Nine is fine,
It is always mine,
Neva eva whine,
'coz nine is fine.

Ask for a dine,
Stand in a line,
Toast with a wine,
Wait for the decline.

Go to a shrine,
Pray the divine,
Do not ever resign,
For nine is fine.

Seven is heaven,
Fight like Bevan,
dash dash en,
Cannot say Amen.

Now that first standard rhymes had brain washed me and you, I am attempting to come with nine unforced errors.

1. There are ninety nine numbers before hundred unless you count zero and negative numbers.
2. Playing a nice guy role all the time in your life to ladies, should eventually lead into a rant.
3. Shifting our work place to the old building again is driving me nuts.
4. Compaq cup tri series cricket is going on in SL and no body is even bothered to take a peek.
5. Not always one has to live up to his promise because in few years you and I are not meeting down the line at street number ninety nine.

No comments: