Friday, October 05, 2007

Split Friday

It's been a week since I last posted. No, it's not a gaffe and neither I have a protocol to post a blog every week. I can pretty well lie as well putting an innocent face. If you are a blogger and you haven't had any incidents or things to write, better don't write. A simple tip, but a very important one. But again, you have a chalk and an eraser in your hand and want to scribble on the board. Who is stopping? Not many people follow what they say. I probably want to consider myself in that category, but no dear. You lose your word, you lose your respect. Homosapiens do say one thing and do the other and at times they don't act to their conviction. Animals don't. That gives a chance to shout on, split personality? A bit later on that. I am thinking to convert this blog into my personal diary at this point of time, but no, no plans in the near future, not in the coming 3 or 4 light years. So you can still visit then and then. But most blogs do talk about their own life which sort of sucks if it's not having content or if it's not interesting. Quality not quantity, right? Wrong. If someone is writing couple of terrific lines in his post and expecting his readers to comment on that, not me mate. I do write like what, solid three paragraphs and I barely receive comments. Solid for me, can be liquid to the reader. Dig your brain, post your thoughts, no matter even if they are dirty, and there are readers who would admire your sincerity. Reading others blogs can also be an addiction, in addition to other online addictions like - chat, movies, poker, games, hacking etc, which I was discovering it of late and if you don't find a post there, you long for it, provided you have ample time to hang on the net.

Sensitive yet interesting point, is split personality which most of us are and would scream outright from the bottom of our lungs to disagree. I haven't done a research on split personality, to comment on it, but to what I guess from the title and observed from the movie Anniyan (where the hero has multiple disorder personality, or something close to that, which is a much advanced version to what I am trying to talk now) I thought I would throw some light, candle and a kerosene lamp on to the subject. Women who do not like the subject and find the topic eeek...ridiculously scary, may stop reading right here. Men who feel what the heck is this fellow trying to say and pondering to quit reading and yet, simultaneously thinking, Oh do I come under split personality category, are called as Women from now on. This is a cheap trick to compel you to continue reading.

Split personality is a personality that has a split, if you go by the name. No attempted joke this time. Often, you can figure out the meaning of a complicated discombobulated (more than once, I am trying to put my diminishing GRE vocab in my posts) word from the name itself. You behave in one way - the soft, cultured, naive, honest, obsequious bloke in the office and at the social gatherings. And you are a brash, demanding, rustic, equivocal, domineering person with your comfortable folk around? You don't have to satisfy all the criterion to come under the subject category. If you exhibited any one of the antonym characters at some time, to those you initially portrayed that termed you as a good person, Rock says, you have a problem and calls it a split personality. Dint you yell initially that no I don't have one ? Oh yeah, you call it, ethics of normal life, to behave in a cultured and dignified way. Okay. So then, why can't you be the same way with the closely associated people around you? No, it is not possible because we have to behave the right way at the right place or else you would be put in a mental asylum. Agreed. So you agree that your personality varies from people to people? That means it's split and hence a new definition of split personality has risen this Friday evening, when infact most of the younger folk would be drenching in alcohol and clubbing today and I am here blogging and redefining my own terms. Very few people can carry the same way inside and outside. They do have an identity for doing so, but that may have been tagged with a heavy price. All meek people do curb their natural instincts and act accordingly to the situation. As long as your contrast in personality doesn't vary in striking proportions you will be given a chance to live and move freely with the people. And if once your monkey mind takes total control over you and your actions, you've only got yourself to blame.

No comments: