Monday, August 20, 2007

The weekend blog

Although I am here not to please anyone, I am trying to sound a bit pleasing to the readers as I was restrained in using the dreaded four letter word , by my friends. I instead use the sound ....beep... as a replacement to that. So whenever I want to use the famous four lettered word, I'd rather say ....beeeeepppp.....Curtailed with the freedom I would still try to maintain the intensity in the blog, nevermind, you freaking ...beeepers....

There is a movie called 'Marigold' with Salman Khan in the lead role. Well, if you don't know who that bloke is I've got a wonderful chance to describe him now. This 5 foot something midget, whom we lovingly call as 'tingu', who hardly wears a shirt in the songs, who shakes his chest and butt rigorously with hands running over his own chest ( btw, his only dance move till date ), will be trying to woo a foreigner in this movie. It's normally the heroines in the movie who would be wearing high- heel sandals to match the height of the heroes, but in his case, its him who would be trying the high heeled shoes but still falling short of the height and comes below the heroines eyes. He is the ever so - trying to act - cool dude in Bollywood giving an impression to the outside world that girls are dying for him at every street corner slitting their wrists.

Now as far as the movie is concerned, I was fooled by the print and the electronic media that it is a Hollywood movie. That is the only point which has driven me to the movie. There is only one foreign actress and the rest of the casting is desis. I got to know that the director and the production team is from Hollywood, but then if it is from hollywood, why do we have songs and dance numbers in the movie...beep....? Of all the actors why do they have to choose Salman Khan...beep...? Is he the best of the lot ? Or given any day, is he the best dancer ever, even if you wake him up in the middle of the night? There will not be any answers to these but the only answer I got for myself is, I was forced to watch a disaster. A gruelling and painstakingly directed movie for 2 hours.

It's even more disgusting because I went with a male colleague of mine and I happened to see couples kissing passionately in the theater. The couple sitting to my left and the one sitting in my front row were merrily making it out. No chance to see anything of that sort to my right because it was my colleague sitting there. At the intermission, it was me and my colleague who stood up to go out for a break and believe me, no one else in the theater was interested for the break. Everyone is cosy in their seats with their mates and suddenly seemed like the Intermission is an interruption to them. We like to do everything in the dark as kissing in public is not allowed in India. So after the break we changed our places to the front row where there were no people so that we can concentrate only on the movie rather than the public display of affection ( PDA) . The couples got their moneys worth but not for us. And once the lights were off after the break, the PDA goes on again !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey Rock,

good work, thoroughly enjoyed the rant on Salman Kahn. looking forward to more of it.