Friday, August 10, 2007

Belated Birthday gift

So I came to the office thinking how to get tickets for 'Chak De India' which was released today. The promos are promising and the movie is expected not to have that regular Bollywood glitz and glamour, for a change ! Not a Speilberg storyline and for the fact that this is Bollywood ..Oops... Indian Film Industry ( as Harsha Bhogle was corrected by Sunny in yesterday's post match cricket session) the climax was predicted even before the light boy has switched on the light.Our womens hockey team is in doldrums, and our Hero ( Shah rukh Khan ) comes as coach and propelled by his coaching techniques and inspiring speeches, we go on to win the World Cup..yeahhh ! Anything lesser than that is rejected by the audience.

And to the point now, I celebrated my birthday last week and it was a small gathering of some sort. My colleagues enjoyed the bhangra music ( the ever so happening perennial Punjabi beats, even I am liking it now , huh) at the eatery and we pushed off at 10pm. I neither receive gifts nor I gift anyone. Why should I ? Gifting is such a dirty habit ( my view, remember ) that everytime you receive one you have to compensate with a better one ! There is no end to this. Because he gave something to me, I have to give it back ...and most of the times you do it without conviction. So I better announce the world, right here, right now, that I dont give gifts but its feels good accepting gifts.

This colleague of mine came and said HI today. I asked him, what's present in the cover......Oh you did shopping while coming to the office, Cool man, I said. Yes, I have an Indian accent. Why the heck are you bothered ?! After a bit of conversation he was leaving the place leaving the polyethene bag ( we say it cover, for you native English speaking folks ) on the table and I called him, your cover ( which has a t-shirt). And he said, it is for you.....I said, what ??? He said yeah, for you, I felt like gifting you on your birthday but I couldn't. Stop your damn dirty thoughts right here. We both are straight. Its my first surprise birthday gift and its a T-shirt ! As I said, it felt good to receive and nice of him.

India is on the ascendancy today in the last test match against England, so Rahul Dravid can redeem himself some pride that was lost in the WC. I cannot explain cricket to you if you dont know the game or love the game. Freaking fault of yours. I am trying different fonts while posting the blog, so bear with it, while I finalise on one. And you know what, my Orkut's todays fortune says: I am a person of culture !

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you hate KHANs or just Jealous???
Was interesting reading it.

Rock said...

Dude No Khan,

I am not an anti-khan man. I like Saif Khan and I love Amir Khan's acting. And me being jealous because someone is prospering in film industry ? No correlation.

Anonymous said...

so dude you do not like salman and shah rukh khan right?
any reasons??

Rock said...

I don't like Salman khan coz he thinks he is the coolest, but he is not. And no to Shah rukh coz he thinks he is the most sexiest and complete actor, which he is not. Now please don't ask me about other remaining Khan's in Bollywood like Zayed and Fardeen.

Anonymous said...

lol.ok i will not ask about other Khan's.
Your anwsers are reasonable
- No Khan