Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Back after Pongal

So 7 days just flew by at home. When you get time in the train to ponder what you have done at home, you wont get an answer to that coz you have done nothing. Now you haven't done anything coz you did not want to step out of your house. Home made food prepared by your mom is more than sufficient, for you starving freakings who are working in an alien place away from home for the big money. Let me just stay with my parents for few more days.
How great would it be if I had a job in my hometown which would be paying me the same as it was in that alien city ?
That's how badly you miss your home which you don't really try to acknowledge.

After turning you homesick, which I take pride in doing so, I can understand you freaks are waiting desperately to see a post on this blog. Ok, I pretty well know you are not demented to get addicted to this blog. But if you are addicted to few things, you long for it. Be it blog, beedi, brandy or bitch.

Things are normal at my work place. I somehow feel that I always paint a neutral picture to whatever things I do. That gives you a feeling that I hide things. Ingen problem.

We had couple of seminars yesterday and today. I can call that training. If a seminar extends for more than an hour, rule of thumb says, stop the crap that you've been dishing and look at the faces of the people.

I haven't really addressed a seminar in full force yet. But I surely know the tips. It needs some belief in yourself to address the crowd in the chairs, no matter how familiar you are with them in your cubicles. Being familiar helps but thorough knowledge of your slides and half an hour practice of voice modulation the day before the presentation, helps a lot. That 'wow' factor will be visible in your presentation if you had practiced. People practice looking into the mirror with a reason.

Another tip, I am giving it to you for free. Try to start and end the seminar confidently without searching for words. If you had to mug up those often repeated words, please do so. Atleast you give an impression that seminar was 'average' feeling to the audience instead of them terming it 'bad'.

Ok one final thing. I know you've all through your life spent time in the presentation hall as a spectator and waited for the slides to finish. Try to pose a simple question and see how you talk amongst the people. That will not only drive away the sleep in you but also in others. You need to have balls to even ask a question. That's why you don't do that. Ask a normal question and see the confidence that you discover in yourself for the spur of the moment.


I cannot spoon feed you everything for you to become a gentleman. I can neither hand mould you to become a superstar with a celebrity status and an overflowing Swiss bank account with Euros. Few things have to be tried and tested to have a feel of that thing. Like your belief, hardwork and my advice.

No comments: