Monday, September 29, 2008

September digest

The onward train ticket that I've booked for Diwali is still on waiting list. October 28th is Diwali and I booked my ticket on Sep 13th. It was waiting list 21 then. I check everyday and the status remains unchanged for the 3rd Ac berth. With utmost difficulty it changed to WL 20. So you get a sense of what Diwali rush would be like at the railway stations this year. Any number of additional trains and bogies will be unsufficient to fulfill the need for a comfortable travel for this never ending crowd flocking and littering the station. It doesn't get any easier in the future. We are like this only. Time to look for tatkal reservation early in the morning five days before departure. Hopefully there won't be any explosions in the festive season. Fingers crossed, twisted and paralysed.


Identify the station below and get freaking nostalgic if you get the answer.


Yet an other blast rocked Delhi last Saturday. Now people slowly are getting used to it and are paying little lesser attention to what they might have paid couple of years back. Police are doing their job and so are terrorists and anti-social activists. This seconds my arguments and fears which were posted last year. A sense of helplessness is crept into the minds of the people. They are willing to accept that a loss of life in explosion and accident can be as normal as a death occurred due to longterm illness like cancer, heart attack or a kidney problem. The only difference is you can miss your missed ones in a flash without a warning in the former case, which might take days, years or ages to digest.

Work wise I never have spoken much about it here and I don't have any plans to entertain those thoughts in the future. If it really is an ass-kicking one, then I should do justice to what I've been doing, by posting it in here so you freaks can get jealous over it. Jealousy is one of those seven? ten?, some number of sins that can lead to your own downfall. A prime example of that abstract quality is your stock market. Ego is the next one. A prime example for that is everyone, yes, including your dad- mom, sister and brother. Even your angel girl friend and the best bloke on earth, boy friend. You don't know it because they don't show it in front of you.

September has come to an end finally. Never has been the boring month of the year been so active in a calendar year all over the globe. Stock market crashes, financial firms in Us tumbling like nine pins, explosions rocking India, crude oil hitting an all time low, and dollar peaking up the highest since two years, End of the world fears and me getting an official warning at my tennis practice for wearing a torn Nike shoe - it's all happening. I said it was all happening once and nothing happened. So this time I used Bill Lawry's phrase after everything happened.

I am doing my best to keep the post count to three a month. And in the process I did not even realise that my blog is more than an year's old and the writer hasn't written a customary 'One year anniversary' editorial 'lol' post. Conclusion: The interest to sustain is still hanging there.

One of my forth coming posts should probably be on Roger 'The Majestic' Federer. May be you don't want to miss it. You can get your pop corn and coke to grab the best possible seat in the house. I don't entertain cash. I only accept donations via Paypal or wired transfer into my bank account.

No comments: