Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Pearl harper

So I hope things are pretty much settled with most guys in this year. I got up today morning little early today at 7. I switched on TV and found Pearl Harbour telecasted in Star Movies. That locked my eyes for a while. That's the scene when Japanese were getting ready to strike Pearl Harbour and I thought, it's good to watch those action scenes for few minutes before I get ready to my office. So was relaxing and admiring the fighter crafts, tension in the US camp with that half decoded messages and before the US could get their act together they find Japanese planes hovering over US naval base. Japanese fighter crafts drops a bomb in the water, not your stealth bomber or MOAB's which they use it quite often now, but that heavy missile - is that what ? yeah, something like that - which screeches under the water and hits the base of the ship with amazing speed. That's the first strike, good shot.

Woke everyone up and me as well, not the shot, but the SMS from my bank saying your account was debited with forty thousand odd rupees. Pig shit. You wake me up early morning with these SMS's which I had no idea of the transaction? Immediately I wondered if the airline website was the culprit. And to tell what, the money was debited on Feb 14th. Great man. Somebody used my credit card on his valentine's day. How weird for me is that and fun for him? I called up the bank.

Hello, escooz me, I am this fellow from this city. I got an SMS from the bank saying my money was debited. Can you tell the transaction on my credit card..eh eh eh....? Right Sir, I will help you, before I could tell the details please confirm your details and enter the pin number. I am dying here in tension and gasping for breath and somehow I remember the pin number. Thank your sir for verification. There was no transaction made on your credit card. Sir can you tell me is that SMS from credit card or debit card? Nothing was written in the SMS. So she said, Sir I think your transaction could have been from debit card. Please be on line while I transfer your call to the concerned department. ( Freaking do that fast. I am going nuts here....thinking of cancelling the credit card in the process and the stray incident when HSBC credit fellow was robbed of his money comes into my mind from no where....) Am I the victim??? That other department is going to confirm. Sir, you made online transactions two weeks back. Oh did I? Yes I did.Huh..relief... I got an sms for those transactions now? Sir, you got little late. Oh ok.

Sir, I want to inform you of our other offers and the accounts. Would you like to know? Yes. Please be online while I transfer your call. Yes. Thanks. Hang up! Change the channel from Pearl Harbour to Cricket. Safe bet. Get ready to the office and arrive 5 min before. Call my Reliance demat account fellow to know the status. And comes the response, Sir your account is on hold? WTF. You said my application was under process. No sir, it was on hold. So the status of my application was, process - hold - process again - freaking hold again. I want to talk to the manger right now. Put him on line. Tell me the name of the person who has done your application. I don't know. So it's your fault sir. You bird brain, I din't say that.( You have all my details and what else do you want? My DNA samples as well?) We will get back to you very quickly. Bad service from Reliance money not only here but in many places. If your account is activated then the transactions on the website is slow it seems. Somebody even scared me that there are hidden costs as well? I still haven't got any response from them and it's been an hour. Next time, I think twice to watch Pearl Harbour.

No comments: