Sunday, December 02, 2007

Employee meet

So it's been the longest break in my blogging so far, 16 days to be precise. This is a record and I know records are meant to be broken. One reason for this pause is my previous post itself. I want that post to be displayed as many times across the network via the Blogrush widget, so that who ever has read it might just think of their 'Happy Days' atleast once. In the meanwhile I also got a topic to write about our company's employee meet for this year which took place on Friday. And for the first time I did a skit ( a small play ) on stage with one of my friends. The response was satisfactory. Last year I did a quick 2 minute group dance, so that was the motivation for this year's performance. You can find them in youtube right here. Click here for Part1 and Part2.

Finally I could break that 7 posts per month jinx. It was a hat-trick of 7 posts until November. I also feel that my blog title should be 'Posts from Brain'. When I was writing my first post, I thought every post is called a blog, but no, every topic you write is called a 'post' and all these posts constitute one blog. Like that, you can have umpteen blogs depending on your classification like music, sports, tech, movies, hobbies etcetera. Nevertheless I don't have intention to change the title soon but I am contemplating to change the template, for quite sometime now.

I haven't got any pictures of our Employee Meet as of now to post them. If there are any donors in my office, I shall post them. I feel stupid to take my 2 MP digital camera out for taking pictures, so that is why I don't have my own pictures. We have mobiles equipped with cameras ranging from 2 MP to 5 MP resolution. But one has to consider the fact that I bought my digi cam like 4 years back with my first part time bucks. So for that reason I still like it. Did anyone say, Old is gold? No wonder I keep referring to my part time job that I once I did it, every now and then, and that is when I really slogged which I feel is good now.

After that customary speeches and award distribution our cultural events kicked off. Few songs, a skit, a guitarist, couple of dance performances and a poem were the events done by the employees. We initially had plans to rope in celebrities ( not movie celebs but TV celebs ) to add a splash of colour to the event but cost-cutting came into the scenario real fast. So the employees performing the event on stage are the celebs and on Monday morning I would be knowing if I am going to receive brickbats or bouquets for my skit. Story, screenplay, casting and direction is done by yours truly. I am expecting a few sneers by couple of girls. I definitely sneered on one girl in my office though who looks like a halloween queen. But they had two days in the weekend to forget what happened on Friday and move on with the things on Monday. Everything else went smoothly. In the end we were given a good bag that is spacious enough for half a dozen of your clothes if you are outing. The DJ there was a fat bloke with that 'yo' man get up, but his DJ'ing was booed man. He is neither playing Hindi songs nor English nor Swahili which is spoken in Mombasa. But we blokes are not so music conscious. You feed us with couple of drinks with two drops of rat poison in it and we freak out like crazy on the dance floor.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

congratulations on successful presentaion of your event.
Did you manage to get any awards in your employee meet,for style or smth?
You must try out your DJ ing skills again.
Its better percentage for you to try for girls in the pub than at the workplace.

Hope you get lucky with girls from now on.

Rock said...

Thanks Brain. I was expecting some award, but I dint get and that's ok. Yeah, I hope I can try out my DJ thing on some machine. And girls ? The lesser we talk, the better, lol. Good luck and have fun.

Anonymous said...

Ur Welcome Rock.
Next time better luck on ur DJ thing.
Seems like you already have many girls falling for you.
Have fun.