Thursday, April 17, 2008

Rip it across

I still am not bad with my posting in my blog. Haven't gone postless a month yet. So that's neat. Like most people write in their blogs, I don't write stuff just for the sake of writing, I don't say that. To me that line conveys those people are not interested in blogging. And that's the end of it. I decided it and that's final. I should have born when dictator reign was at its helm.

Today morning I had a hit out on the cement court. Guys haven't played seriously today which sort of pissed me off. I am going out there in a rickshaw which takes 17 minutes from my home to the stadium. After reaching there I've to bear this slack game from other novices like me on the courts. But the good thing was I had a hit out with one good middle aged player over there, whom looking at first, gives you an impression that "I am the champ". He may not have that feeling in his mind but the first impression is the best impression.

So I and this guy practiced for 5 minutes before they moved to another court. Obviously why does he want to play with a guy who is mediocre to his standards? But in that short session, he sent a one handed backhand to my backhand side and he was expecting to be a winner. I stuck my backhand out and sent it cross court. Out of the blue: Girls whom I've seen so far on the courts to play tennis, really? have fat ass*s. He was waiting at the net and could have been wondering how come he played it. He took few strides to the net, converted it to his forehand and ripped the ball to my forehand side. The look in his face said that he wanted to make a statement. Though I picked it, I sent my forehand to the net letting his temper down. If there is a big dog over there and if you are confident of your abilities, then no matter even if your current performance is below par, just let it rip.



What this Uncle doesn't know is he will be made to run around the court. He may not come to my level but I can surely reach his level and beyond. He might have power, he might have experience but I have the agility. Uncle, just wait, I am coming tomorrow and hopefully you would be there to see my backhand rippers when I once master it. Don't forget folks, I am here to make a statement.

No comments: